Wednesday, April 10, 2013

This blog is nothing special, it's just me in my entirety!


I may write about anything and everything.

Me... My current state of mind, my farm, my projects, a movie I may have enjoyed or hated. A recipe we loved, or one the we refused to eat.

I am a mom to three boys, I work full time in the Guard, we run a small up and coming farm, we homeschool our boys, and we are in the process of opening up a coffee shop.

Busy busy life and I want to add to it by blogging?

I want a place to vent, process, document, and share.



Facts:
  • I coupon to keep my family within the allotted amount of money we get each month in the form of a paycheck. I've been couponing for over 3 years. It works. This isn't Extreme Couponing, I'm not a fan of the hot mess. 

  • I love to visit thrift shops and garage sales. I love a good deal. I love going to goodwill on Sundays for the .50 clothes deals. There is nothing like picking up a $200 pair of jeans for fifty cents. And I will scan through the clearance sections for hours looking at every article of clothing. I love adding additions to my wardrobe fifty cents at a time.

  •  Speaking of .50 clothing deals, I have recently taken up the hobby of sewing aprons. I like to take skirts/dresses that others have given up on and turn them into beautiful aprons.

    FYI, I don't know how to sew. I don't know what stitch to use where, but I can straight stitch anything. 

  • We have a small, growing, farm.
    As of this date, we have 5 hens, 4 roosters, 5 baby chicks, 1 grown duck (Hansela), 3 baby ducks, and 2 female goats (Sienna and Dehlia).

    Sienna just had babies, one boy and one girl, Matanuska and Susitna.

    We have one male goat, Remy, and one on the way from my awesome friend Amy.

    But wait! There's more!

    We have 2 grown Emus; a male called Iris, and an unknown called Jupiter.

    We also have three baby emus we just hatched. The grown emus stay with our miniature stud, Rocky.

    We have two rescue dogs, Maggie and Buster. 3 Cats, all male. Colby, and two unnamed since we found out they were both boys.

    Last, but not least, we have two sugar gliders (female) and a turtle that will out live us, Casanova.
    Matanuska, Susitna, our baby ducks and a random chick

  • I keep saying we. By we I mean my sexy husband and our three adorable boys. The boys are 7, 7, and the youngest about to be 5. I met my husband 3 1/2 years ago, and married him 3 years ago. He is amazing, and completes me in every way. 

  • That's enough about me to give you a taste of the future of this blog.

    FYI: I love funny pictures/sayings. 

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and love your writing. Adding you to the blog roll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma'am, you have inspired me :)

      Delete